Thursday, April 28, 2016

Ethan's StoryPoem1: I had a dream

I had a dream

                           1                   I had a dream
That the world was a better place,
A world that would be easier to face.
I had a dream
                     5                 That we were free of war,
In which made this country sore.
I had a dream
That peace and harmony filled the universe,
Let equality disperse.
                        10                                   I had a dream
That equality of race and gender was true,
As if they were no clue.
I had a dream
That the world would be a better place,
                  15          A world that would be easier to face.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
StoryPoetryJournal1

     I wrote this poem, "I had a dream" because I wanted to show everyone how important it is to keep this world a better place without fights and wars etc. I wrote this poem to show how we can fix the world. This can be seen on line 8, "That peace and harmony filled the universe," I wrote this poem to describe how this world is still full with chaos and commotion. This poem describes on how I describe my feelings about how the world is now and how the world is if everything was if all the problems were resolved.
     I described most of the worlds biggest problems that we are currently facing. Such as; Inequality, Wars, No peace or harmony. When I said "I had a dream That the world would be a better place," I explained that the world we live in right now, barely has any resolved problems. I wrote this poem to show on how that people who live in this world needs a bigger heart and a selfless mind. These people also need to think about what the consequences are. People that I am describing is terrorists. Like I said in the poem, if our world has peace and harmony, we wouldn't have problems or conflicts anymore. 
    I repeated lines 13-15 from 1-3 because I wanted to show how important it is to keep this world safe and healthy. In the lines 7-9, I elaborated on what if peace and harmony contaminated the world. In lines 4-6, I showed how much damage wars can do to our country/world. This can be seen in lines 4-6, "That we were free of war, in which made this country sore."




No comments:

Post a Comment