Saturday, April 23, 2016

Angelina's Story Poem #3             

Life Base

 I'd like to live a life that's full and long. 
So now I'll begin with a happy song,
That describes the planner of life for me. 
What to do, and who to see.

I must be fit and stay really strong. 
In order to protect for long. 
Giving up is just so wrong.
I ring my bell, ding-dong ding-dong.

On a sporty day I'll wear a cap,
And take it off to be polite, or a nap.
On a  fun note, I'll wear a party hat,
Or sun glasses, or rainbow socks, or meerkat. 

I wish every thing were pretty.
Or cute, like a kitty.
Organize everything, being clean.
Nothing nasty to be seen.

My life be splendid, perfect, good,
And put on a big blue hood.
Draw a picture: vi-su-a-lize,
Then give me all your hows and whys.

                          ~Angelina Lambros 

Angelina's Story Journal #3

         I wrote the poem "Life Base" to describe what I plan on doing in life. I used the phrase "I'd like to live a life that's full and long," because that's what me, and mostly everyone else wants. I also said, "I must be fit and stay really strong." This shows that I feel that everyone should stay fit and exercise in order to maintain a healthy body. In the poem I also said that giving up is just so wrong." I said this because one should be determined in order to accomplish their goals. A main reason why I wrote this poem is because, we, in my opinion, should try to live the way I portrayed the second stanza (which shows the importance of staying determined and strong).
        In the third stanza, I explained some things I like wearing. According to "Life Base," "On a sporty day I'll wear a cap." This shows that I like wearing caps. Lines three states, "On a fun note, I'll wear a party hat..." This shows I think party hats can be fun. In a poem about a life planner, or even a journal-based poem, it should include something you like to wear.
        In the fourth stanza, I illustrate the concept of me liking organization. Based on my poem, "Organize everything, being clean. Nothing nasty to be seen." In the fifth stanza, the message is that I want a nice life. "My life be splendid, perfect, good." It also says, "Draw a picture: vi-su-a-lize..." This shows that I can never say what will happen in my life. I can, however, want something, and picture that in my mind.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment