Thursday, April 21, 2016




G r a s s  H a i k u

Grass blankets the ground.

While wind howls and sun glows round,

grass makes not a sound.

                                    ~Angelina Lambros 


Story Journal: 
          I wrote the haiku poem "Grass" to show the beauty of grass. How it "blankets the ground." How when you run down a grassy hill, it comforts your feet. This is different form when you run down a hill or path made of made of man-made surfaces, such as cement. But the main reason why I wrote "Grass" is because I wanted to paint a picture of what walking on grass in only three lines. The sun glowing, winds howling, and the still quiet grass provide an image. An image through words of a sunny and windy day on the grassy plain.

5 comments:

  1. I like how in only a few words, I was able to get such a clear feeling from your poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry posted twice by accident

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry posted twice by accident

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you made your poem sound like you are really in the grass.

    ReplyDelete