Thursday, May 19, 2016

Daria's poem #2 where do poems come from

Where do poems come from?
They live deep inside you.
Waiting to sprout like a flower on spring.
There inside of you,.
They wait, and wait,and wait
Until one day inspiration and imagination,
Find the poem and guide its way to the brain.  
There the poem wishes his friends farewell.
As the words are written down,
the poem is born! Oh the cheer and delightfulness!
Run around the author with glee.
So, what about inspiration and imagination?
Oh don't worry about them.
If you really want to know what happens...
Umm well, they die out for a while.
Don't worry!
They're still alive.
And work a full time job.
They just continue seek and seek and seek, deep inside.
To find another poem to guide their way...

To life.
I wrote this poem to explain we're poems come from. I tried to make it creative as possible. I also tried to relate it to real life as much as I could. For example, “Oh don't worry about them.If you really want to know what happens...Umm well, they die out for a while.Don't worry! They're still alive.And work a full time job.” The part were I tried to relate it to real life was when they “die out” it was my way of explaining that Inspiration and Imagination are not being used for a while. Meaning, that the person they “belong to” isn't being creative and using their imagination. I also tried to make it seem like I was talking to someone. I tried to be free when writing the poem. I made up a technique while writing this. I imaginated the conversation in my mind then wrote. Examples where I tried to make it seem like I am talking to someone was,”Umm well, they die out for a while.Don't worry!”
If you don't understand the story line, it was supposed to be a poet going to a school and taking students. And one of the student asked, “where do poems come from?” The poem was what the poet told the students. I attempted at making a good backstory and tried not to include it in the poem itself.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment