Thursday, May 19, 2016

Story Journal, Poem #9

Poem  #9

Animals

Animals are animals.
They have their own lives.
They have their own feelings. 
They have their own homes.
They have their own life.

Animals are animals.
They kill stuff to live.
They take stuff to survive.
They drink stuff to survive,
They have their own life.

They have their own secrets.
They have their languages.
They have their own parents. 
They have their own everything.
Animals are animals.

Story  Poem Journal #9

I was inspired by animals. They are the BEST!! They are equal to us. They have everything we have. Except we are more evolved. They do stuff to live. They do have feelings. They do have emotions. They follow their instincts to survive. So we can't blame them. I used the poetic devise, repetition. For example, I keep repeating the phrase, "Animals are Animals.". It made my poem make more sense. What I mean by that is, that the repetition goes with the flow. It just makes the poem flow more easily. I choose to do that because I wanted the poem to go smoothly. Other than that, there are no other poetic device. This poem was my free write. I was just writing how animals survive. This is how I free write. This is how I came up with this poem. 


2 comments:

  1. I like this poem because it's simple, yet complex at the same time. It makes adults thinks, but children can understand it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you wrote your poems. It is very creative! Great job!

    ReplyDelete