Saturday, May 21, 2016

Pets!

Pets can be our best friends, can make us feel safe,
make us feel better when we are down.
Pets are like people, that you can spill
 all your emotions out too
Pets wont judge you, wont make you feel bad.
I had a pet once, a hamster. 
she was with me for 2 years, but passed way
Just watching her play, made
me feel positive, and all
 the bad emotions I was feeling 
that day were gone.
Pets are  your best friends when you need a break from people. 
Pets make you feel a warm fuzzy feeling 
inside, that will last forever.  
Pets create  memories that will last 
a lifetime. 





Story Poetry Journal #7

When I wrote this poem, my inspiration was my pet hamster. Even though she was just  a little creature we spent a lot of memories together!  Like the time me and my family drove 2 in a half hours in a car all the way to upstate New York for the summer.  Or when my hamster met my best friend's hamster. In this poem I used similes and metaphors to make the poem more interesting and too elaborate on it. For example, I used the simile, " pets are like people, that you can spill all your emotions out too." Pets wont judge you, wont make you feel bad.' what I meant was that pets aren't  the same as humans, and they will listen to you. They will give you the love and attention you want from them. Another example is " Pets are  your best friends when you need a break from people. What this metaphor means that sometimes you just want a friend that will listen too you, and not comment about what you say.  Pets make you feel special. When your feeling  lonely, scared, happy, excited, anything! At the end of the poem, I wrote  Pets create  memories that will last a lifetime. That's true. if you cherish you moments with your pet, you will definitely remember them. Also, if you remember something very special that  you did with your pet, or its favorite toy,and when you think of that  special thing, you will think of all the great memories you had. Pets inspire us,. Without our little furry friends, life would be incomplete. So appreciate  every single moment you have with them! Pets are great! 


No comments:

Post a Comment