Friday, May 20, 2016

Poem Journal All Poems/Journals #1-#10 Yury Kazlouski

Solar System
Dancing, Dancing round’ the sun, the planets go around. Frolicking across the sun the planets have some fun.
Every time they dance around they have a good mood.

Then came the birth of the Earth
It was not so delightful.
In fact it was spiteful and Frightful.

Earth decided to outcast Pluto goes away as a blast.
Then Pluto had to stay…
Alone…
Frightened…
Upset…
Poor…
Worthless…
Never to remembered in the darkness…

It is no laughing matter that Pluto is alone. Since any time, anywhere, Pluto can be YOU.

Poetry Journal #1

My poem as a whole is a metaphor. I compared people to planets. I also describe how the planets orbiting around the sun is like an endless party filled with fun. Earth is shown to be the bully and Pluto as the victim. This poem is supposed to show the average bullying situation and how it is getting out of hand. In the part where I stated that “Pluto had to stay… Alone… Frightened… Upset… Worthless…” I used key words to express emotion inside my poem, I used mostly negative feelings to show how a victim feels during bullying and to give the reader a vision, a dark one, filled with sadness and weeping. Another sentence stated in the text is “ It is no laughing matter that Pluto is alone. Since any time, anywhere, Pluto can be YOU.” This sentence is written to give a connection to the reader and give them a vision, a moral. Another sentence used in the poem was “Then came the birth of Earth It was not so delightful. In fact it was spiteful and Frightful.” This sentence too shows emotions and helps the reader visualize a picture in their mind. Another sentence used in the poem is “ Dancing, Dancing round’ the sun, the planets go around. Frolicking across the sun the planets have some fun. Every time they dance around they have a good mood.” This sentence was used to give the reader a picture of something smooth, fun, and joyful. Mostly the key words dancing, good, fun, and frolicking.  The poem uses unique words like spiteful, delightful, frolicking, outcast blast, etc. What makes these words used in the poem unique is that not a lot of poet writers use words like those.  To make a unique poem use things people didn’t use before, be original, and take your time. This is exactly what I did and that is what every poet does. Remember, to make a poem, you have to trust your heart and practice.


My Family

My family is the heart in me
It keeps me smiling through the day
Kindness, passion, and affection.

When I’m down in the dump
Sitting and feeling the great grump
My family is always there to say, “Let me comfort you”

I love my family equally, no one better or the worst
When I’m up on the great, great skies I always remember to look down.
I am not the only one after all and there to say the magical words too.
“Let me help, let me support you.”

Even though I get in trouble
An experience is earned
Something is learned
I know and they know
What is best for us all.
No matter what something is we do together everything,
We share our pain
We share our love
We share our experience

And we savor it together.

Poetry Journal #2
I wrote this poem to show my gratitude to my family and to show my love. My family is always there for me no matter what and always shows endless support. This is shown when I say “When I’m down in the dump Sitting and feeling  the great grump My family is always there to say, “Let me comfort you”. This shows that my family cares about me and gives the support to me. As I say in the poem I love my family greatly and they are what I wished for. I wouldn’t know what to do without them. My family is what makes me have life and be who I am. This is shown when I say “My family is the heart in me It keeps me smiling through the day”.  I also believe that I have to support my family when they feel down and are having a bad day. I feel like I should contribute to the family and should help. This is shown when I write “When I’m on the great skies I always remember to look down. I am not the only one after all and there to say the magical words too. “Let me help, let me support you.” I also love experiencing things with my family and love to cooperate with them. I like spending every single moment with them as possible. This is shown when I write the following “No matter what something is we do together everything We share our pain We share our love We share our experience.”. I also do not mind being in trouble because after all my family knows best for me and teaches me. This is shown when I say “ Even though I get in trouble An experience is learned I know and they know What is best for us all.” My family is I and it is worth everything for me!

 Dreams, Nightmares, and Night

The sky shines across the horizon
Silver stars fill the sky
Curtains closed, Lights off
Covers up, time to sleep!

Soft pillows and warm blankets
Oh the joy!
Yawns come often and eyes stop blinking.
You start to sleep.

Clouds of fluff and candy trees, flying cats
Oh the joy!
Flying through the skies like a hero saving citizens from all around.
Jumping through the rooftops as the sun goes down.

Then the clouds disappear, houses start to burn.
Laughter starts, you feel like yelling as something is behind!
What can it be?

Oh look there it is!
A zombie, a ghost, a puppet dancing and laughing as you feel a burn
Fire around you what to do?

You yell as you look around.
This place looks familiar…

My Home

Poetry Journal #3
This story expresses what I see and what is common during sleeping. We call it dreams and nightmares. We all have them, at least once in a lifetime. This story changes tone every couple of stanzas. Mainly split into three main areas. The Realistic area, the dream area, and the nightmare area. This poem is based on one of the first times I ever got a nightmare. I use certain vocabulary to express my feelings and to paint a picture in the reader’s head. I give a sleepy tone when I write the following “Soft pillows and warm blankets Oh the joy! Yawns come often and eyes stop blinking. You start to sleep.” Another tone of the story is the tone of happiness and excitement, mainly from the dream sequence. This is shown in the poem when I say “ Clouds of fluff and candy trees, flying cats Oh the joy!” This specific sentence has emotion put into it, it helps the reader imagine. The final sequence is nightmare sequence. It is supposed to give the reader chills, make them see what I saw, the screams of terror, and the ghost in their face laughing as fire approaches. I fill the words filled with emotion like joy, fluff, candy, fire, laughing, burn, dancing, and more. A couple of sentences that show this are “Clouds disappear, houses start to burn. Laughter starts, you feel like yelling as something is behind!” In the end after all the phases I come back to the real world where everything is calm and I let the reader relax. This poem is used to let the reader experience what I did when I first got the dream/nightmare.

 Feeling Stressed Haiku

The Weight Start Piling
The Weight Upon My Shoulder
It Is Growing Now


Poetry Journal #4
At the start of the poem when I say “The Weight Starts Piling” it shows how either I save work for later or I get distracted. Usually the first stage of stress. This sentence shows that work starts getting bigger, I start to get nervous, and in other words, the weight on my theoretical shoulders starts getting heavier. The next line “The weight upon my shoulder” means that I still grasp it but not very hard. This shows the second stage stress. Usually school causes the symptom of stress. This whole haiku is a metaphor comparing a person’s shoulders with the amount of work a person has. The haiku uses words such as growing, upon, weight, and piling to express the amount of work. It is also used to let the reader visualize what is going on. From the amount of work, to the metaphor, the haiku is used to give the reader an understanding of stress in a nutshell while also giving it in only 17 syllables. The final sentence “It is Growing Now” is used to express the amount of work increasing. This poem was made due to me, as always either being too distracted or too calm. In my life I always slack off. I try to do at the final second. This is not good but it is a habit. By writing this haiku I show the reader how it feels to be me everyday. I also include this because I want to give readers a moral of not keeping work until the end. The point of my poems is to learn from my mistakes and to not give up, no matter the situation. It is always interesting to see how someone else sees the world so when someone in this case is me writes a poem it is fun to see how they view the world and this haiku perfectly describes my everyday life. This haiku is what my life is, me holding the weight of what I do and don’t do. But most importantly is that I try.


 Where My Poems Come From

My poems come from a place called my mind
Where anything is a possibility.
Never knowing what comes out on the paper next

It can come from anywhere.
A desk, a table, or maybe my mouth.
Who knows maybe a rainbow?

I love my poems as a family
Poems let me be me, no change, no fake, just heart
No need for a second take.

My poems come from friends or family maybe even pets
Treasure them I will, With great memories they hold
Within them is my heart,
My living soul…

“Wow look a poem is just right here!”

Poetry Journal #5
I wrote this poem with a purpose, to show where my poem ideas come from and how they become what you see right now. It is a great question that many can get stuck on. To solve this you have to look at yourself and think deeply, look at the work you did and observe. In one sentence I write “My poems come from a place called my mind Where anything is a possibility.” This shows that a poem cannot be overthought and there should never be a limit, the only limit you should have is your heart. This sentence also shows that anything is possible as long as you believe. I also included that even friends, family, or pets can come up with a good poem. They can say or do something funny, as long as you observe enough. Think about it, there are poem ideas all around you. One part where I wrote “With great memories they hold Within them is my heart, my living soul…” I wrote this because it shows the dedication I have to my poems and how much they mean to me. The final sentence in my poem is “”Wow look a poem is just right here!”” This quote was added because just like I said before, you have to think deeply about something, but still trust your heart. I made a poem about me telling how to make a poem and where the come from! Another sentence used in the poem was “Poems let me be me, no change, no fake, just heart, No need for a second take.” This part of the poem shows freedom of writing and thought. Poems let you be you, and let you express your feelings. This is what makes poems great. Another sentence in the poem was “It can come from anywhere. A desk, a table, or maybe a mouth.” This part of the poem shows that a poem can come from even the simplest of things you might have missed. Also another part of the poem that was important was when I said “Who knows maybe a rainbow?” This part of the poem shows that poems cannot only come from experience but also imagination.


 Time

Time is a limit
It is always ticking.
Do what you want
But try your best

Mark your history
Don’t waste your time
Make the most of it.

Construct something
Destroy that something
Run and don’t stop.

Make most of time
Don’t waste it on sitting
Go out and play

So do it because remember you only have one LIFE.

Poetry Journal #6
This poem is about time because it is something I always think off. Its always the same but also different. It seems as that when you are having fun it goes past in seconds but while you have nothing done it slows down, but it actually doesn’t. You should go waste time on something worthwhile like I said in the poem. A sentence in the poem is “Mark your history Don’t waste your time Make the most of it.” This quote shows that you should do something with your life, something great.  Since time is always ticking you have to do something, not just something, but something you enjoy. The final sentence in the poem “So do it because remember you only have one LIFE.” reminds you that life is not endless and you should waste it on something you would remember as fun, enjoyable instead of sitting at you house all day doing absolutely nothing. The sentence “Go out and play” refers to you making friends and enjoying yourself which is what you should with your time, have fun, get friends, etc. Another sentence in the test is “Time is a limit It is always ticking.” Refers to the fact that time goes in only one direction. It also points to the fact that time does end and you should not think of it, instead you should have fun and be yourself, just remember to try you best to do something fun. Because after all, having fun is greater and brings better memories then the boring hours of you staying at home do. But in the long run, it depends on the person. Do what you want. Another huge reason I wrote this poem is to remind people that they have to spend more time with their loved ones and should pay more attention to their families and pets. The line “Construct something Destroy something” means that you should spend your time, don’t get upset over the negatives, but get happy on the positives. This means that you should not get caught up in the past and you should keep trying. Another sentence in the poem is “Run and don’t stop.” This means that you should literally do something with your life, but mainly don’t give up, keep trying never stop.


 Sound

Ding! Dong! Ding! Dong!
Everything you see makes a sound
A beautiful one
A nasty one
They are all across the world

The calm fine words of nature
And the horrible yelling in the ear
No matter how poor or fine the sounds are
Their quality surrounds us all!

All the things in the world
The objects inside
They all make a noise
Maybe even a LOUD one!

All the things in life.
They all speak their words.
Just by making sound,
None stop sound

We all make a sound.
Maybe louder, maybe quieter,
For certain different.
Never alike!

Without sound our world would be different.

Poetry Journal #7
This poem was made when I thought about the important things in life and then I thought about it. There are many things that are important that we never think about. Mainly I had the thought about sound. The ability to hear the beauty of life and experience it is just unthinkable. We have to be happy with what we have and not focus on the negatives. We should not focus on the negatives of sound because it does nothing for us, we get no gain. We should rather think of the positives that make us laugh, smile, and more. This is shown when I write the following sentence in my poem, “Everything you see makes a sound A beautiful one A nasty one”. Another part of the poem is “No matter how poor or fine the sounds are Their quality surrounds us all!”. This part of the poem shows that sound is all over the world and it can be as loud or quiet as it can. We should not hate on the amount of sound and the quality and be glad we have sound overall. Another important sentence in the poem is “Without sound our world would be different.” This sentence shows that we should appreciate that we have sound and that our world would not have the same shine as it would have right now. Another important part of the poem is when I say “ We all make a sound. Maybe louder, maybe quieter, For certain different. Never alike!” This sentence shows that like everyone has a different personality, everyone has a different voice, not only quality wise but also voice in certain situations. Another sentence that is important in the text is when I say “All the things in life. They all speak their words. Just by making sound, None stop sound.” This shows that everyone has their voice of reason and thoughts, how they talk and think. This also is an example of equality.

  Emotions

All the feelings in the world
Positive and Negative
New feelings coming up

Never expected and never controlled.
People wont stop and will keep going,
Till’ they experience feelings.

Feelings can crush you
Feelings can even change you,
Make you an entire new person.

Feelings are inside all of us
They are everything to us
They are us

No matter what you do,
They won’t stop coming,
Endless hordes of feelings,
They will never stop.

Feelings in everybody
You can’t control them
They take control of your body.
They will control you until you are gone…

Poetry Journal #8
This poem is about how emotions are all around us and I thought about this poem when I started to ponder about life. I think about my life and think of the past. In many moments of my life I remember how my true emotion takes control of me. This is what the phrase “They take control of your body. They will control you until you are gone…” This line also means that when you experience a emotion, you are not yourself. An example is when you are sad or angry. When you are angry you can’t but yell and stomp. When you are sad you can’t help but cry. This can also be seen when you look at this sentence in this part of the poem “Feelings can even change you, Make you an entire new person.” This means that poems take control of us. Sometimes we don’t even realize what we say. When you are mad or grumpy you might say something you might have not meant. This is what emotion is. Another sentence that was major in my poem was “Never expected and never controlled. People wont stop and will keep going, till’ they experience feelings.” This sentence means that some people like emotion and some people don’t, but either way, it happens. Also the sentence mentions that feelings are unpredictable because they are. You never know what you will say or how you will act. Another important sentence in the poem is “ No matter what you do, They won’t stop coming, Endless hordes of feelings They will never stop.” This sentence means that feelings never end, no matter what you say. Also I used key words like hordes, endless, never stop,  and feelings to give the readers a picture in their mind of what I see and what they should see.


Music
Bounce! Bounce!
Notes are beautiful
Notes are wonderful
Snippity Snap!

Move your body.
Dance along.
Don’t worry the party only started!
You got so much to show.

Let it flow.
Let it show.
Make the notes fly through your body.

Feel the notes
The music is a generation
That will live on till the end!

Poetry Journal #9
I wrote this poem to express my love for music. I always thought music made people connect and you should not be embarrassed on the types of bands you like. I thought about music because I have it every day as a subject and I myself find listening to music entertaining. You can listen to music for inspiration, to entertain, to get your emotions out, and much more. Music was a never-ending generation and I hope that it stays this way. This is shown when I say “The music is a generation That will live on till the end!” This sentence shows my passion for music and shows that through history music helped many people. It helped calm people down and even helped them reach success. When I say in the poem “Let it flow. Let it show. Make the notes fly through your body.” it means that music is loved by everyone, even those who don’t enjoy it that much, they still do in their hearts. Also this sentence shows that music lets all you emotions come out, it helps you relax and have fun. This is what I mean when I say “Let it flow. Let it show.” It means let out your feelings and dance on the floor. Another sentence that is important is “Move your body. Dance along. Don’t worry the party only started! You got so much to show.” This shows the variety of people and thoughts, the types of music they like and how they like to vision. No body is similar. Everyone is different. Everyone has his or her own opinion.

History
The day I was born,
I have created History
The day my life turns around, I have caused history again

The last day I will live,
It will be history
Everything to life is History

No matter the size
Small or big
Everything causes something else

An effect, one that can spread
It can be from millions and millions of people
To maybe just one.

Whether it is good or not
It is history
You will represent who you are
In history

Your life may end but your history stays
The story to my life
YOUR life
It is all simply history

You might be remembered, you might not.
But what is known is that you will be history
In the next generation.

So hold on and don’t stop giving it your all,
After all we have much time,
To rid of our nasty memories

Poetry Journal #10

The reason that I wrote this poem is to show that your life is important, it might change the future. Even one person can alter history. I came up with this poem when I was thinking about time and then that reminded me that it takes time to make history. So just when I got the idea of a new poem (history) I start to write right away. An important sentence in the poem is “An effect, one can spread It can be from millions and millions of people To maybe just one.” This sentence shows that anyone can alter history, from one person to a million, you just have to try hard enough. Speaking of trying hard and not giving up another important sentence in my poem is “So hold on and don’t stop giving it your all, After all, we have much time To rid of out nasty memories.” This sentence shows that you should never give up and keep proceeding. It is important to give your all to give a good name, to live in vain, to believe that you did you absolute BEST. Another sentence that is important in the poem is “You might be remembered, you might not. But what is known is that you will be history In the next generation.” This sentence shows that  YOU can be the future, In a good or bad way. Either way, you should always look back to your memories and learn from them. Do what you can and never look at situations negatively. Another important sentence in the poem is when I say the following words” Your life may end but your history stays The story to my life YOUR life It is all simply history” This part of the poem shows that you may think that you are the center of attention but you actually are not. You are history though. You are part of it and you can alter it. You can change history but not with an ego, with practice. Anything is possible with practice, and you are history. Overall, history is you, and you are history. You have to practice and never give up, you should keep fighting for your honor and never look back, unless you want to learn. History is YOU and you should try your best to keep your history clean, but do not be embarrassed of your history.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete