Thursday, May 19, 2016

Story Journal, Poem #8

Poem #8

The Heart

The heart is your heart.
It keeps you alive. 
Always moving, not ever stopping. 
It always running like running a marathon,
just to keep you alive.

The heart is you heart. 
It coaches your other organs, to work.
It keeps on working like a busy man.
It never stops,
just to keep you alive.     

The heart is you heart.
If it stops....
You would never know the future. 
But of course, it will never, stop unless the time is right.
The heart is you heart. 

Story Poem Journal #8

I was fascinated by how our hearts are always moving. It never stops. Well, unless the time it is right. And that time, no one ever knows the exact time. You would just have to wait and find out. The heart will always be your heart. Every one of us has one. I used the poetic devise, simile. It makes my poem have more humor in it. What I mean by that is that, my poem would have like a funny tone to it. It's not actually true, but it adds more of a happy mood to it. I choose to do that because I wanted to add more of a happy tone it. I wanted to lighten up the mood. I also used the poetic devise, repetition. It makes my poem have a bad mood. It like ghosts, repeating stuff. It balances out with the similes. I choose to do this because, I wanted to balance out the happy mood, with a mysterious mood. I like to balance things. This was how I created my poem.   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment