Thursday, May 19, 2016

Story Journal, and Poem # 1

Story Poem # 1

Summer

Summer is coming.
Summer is coming.
The birds come back,
flying into potato sacks.
The heat is here,
releasing the fear

It's a time to have fun...
So let's make some puns!!
Go on a trip,
while eating a chip
Go to the beach,
and eat sweet peach

Then go to a zoo,
here a good moo
After that go back home,
and look at your phone!
Summer is coming!!
Summer is here!! 

Story Poem Journal #1

I wrote this poem, since summer is going to come. I was inspired by how the days go and summer gets closer everyday. And then I thought of how birds come back when summer and spring come. Then I wanted to add a bit of humor, with birds. So, this is what I came up with, "flying into potato sacks.". Then I thought that summer was the time when school gives us a two month vacation which means fun!! So I thought of the most common vacation, without leaving the city is going to the beach. So I thought of what words that rhyme with beach, and the first word that cam into mind was, peach. So I incorporated it into my poem. So I thought of how people have a long and fun day, so almost everyone has a phone, and when people go back home, they tend to do stuff on their phone, so I also put that in my poem. I used the poetic device know as,the rhyme, it made my poem, more poem like. What I mean by that is that the poem kind of sounds more poem like. I chose to put rhyme into my poem because it depended on my mood. On that day I wrote this poem, my mind was kind of moving on its own, making feel like I should make the words rhyme. So my body was agreeing with this so I wrote/put in rhyme into my poem. I also put a little repetition. It makes my poem, more clear on what the big the idea is. I choose to do this to stake my BIG idea!! an example of this is that I keep writing/saying "Summer is coming.". I wrote this two times in my poem. SO it came to an end to my poem, closing it off with, "Summer is here!!".






No comments:

Post a Comment