Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Angelina's Story poem #7                                   

The 6th Grade Year

New on October 27th,
Tuesday,
everyone was excited.
The new kid--yay! 

Throughout the year,
there was good and bad.
Friends and enemies,
happy and sad.

Pajama Day,
was as fun as a dream.
It felt like my old school.
That's what it seemed.

There was a girl,
she was an angel.
She thought I was smart,
and good at art.

That made me happy,
like a smiling sun.
As I walked home,
nothing could stop the fun.

The grass was a blanket,
the rain was a gem.
I gazed at the flowers,
the petals and stems.

And on my early birthday,
amazing as an adventure.
Compliments continuously came.
 I felt better than fame.

                      ~Angelina Lambros 

Angelina's Story Journal #7 

        I wrote "The 6th Grade Year" as a memoir poem of much of the 6th grade year. I described how I was new to the school. How I still remember when it was: October 27th, 2015, Tuesday, 8:30. I explained how everyone was excited to meet me. "The new kid--yay!" I explained how there was good and bad throughout the year. "...good and bad...happy and sad." 
         In my poem, I gave examples of days that I felt glad on. Such as Pajama Day and my early birthday. I used a simile about Pajama Day. "Pajama Day was as fun as a dream." During Pajama Day, I felt nostalgic, in a good way, about my old school. I had Pajama Day in my old school too. "It felt like my old school."
         I used a metaphor describing a girl in my class that she was an angel. This is because she thought I was smart and good in art. This makes me glad because I think of my old school. In my old school, a lot of people said I was an artist, very smart, good at singing, and a fats runner. I was glad someone in my new school thought that way about me too. I felt so happy that the grass was like a blanket, and the rain was gems. I also described my early birthday, at school, saying that it was amazing. I used the alliteration "amazing as an adventure," and "compliments continuously came." I even used  a hyperbole that it "felt better than fame."   

No comments:

Post a Comment