Saturday, May 14, 2016

Sarah's StoryPoem3

A Star    

Awoken by light, I scratch the glass,
of dreams, and find myself,
stepping free of shadows and silence.

In the distance, a star absorbs,
my tiredness, and itself heading like a pilgrim,
towards you, leaving blank its place in the heavens.

In the green pits of our being; our inner,
threads yarn; the radiance that makes me feel I own,
horses as any knight.

The hoarders, 
of thought and feeling,
shared knowledge.
A violet blossomed,
fiercely in the bosom,
of the sky.


Story Poetry Journal
             I wrote this poem because it represents a dream. It was an adventurous dream. I was exploring stars. The aspects of the stars opened up a whole new world in my mind. My inspiration for this poem is how i felt during and after I woke up from this dream. It explained a lot of things in my mind. It made me think about a whole bunch of things. One idea led to another and each were completely different.
             When people read this poem, I want them to experience enlightenment. I want them to be able to relate. The person reading this poem needs to visualize the poem in order to understand the poem. This poem is about how I climbed into the stars and experienced the light. I use metaphors and similes to explain my dream and the parts of my dream. For example, the line, " A violet blossomed fiercely in the bosom of the sky." This is a metaphor. This really means that the flower blossomed and stood out dangerously.
             The mood of this story is serene. It is very calm, peaceful, and imaginative. It makes the reader zen. I felt very zoned out and calm writing this poem. The line that shows the mood is," Stepping free of shadows and silence." This shows that the person is stepping out and exploring. This poem is about exploring beyond and stepping out.

No comments:

Post a Comment