Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Sarah's StoryPoem7

Rainbow

Your curious feet, 
tap a quiet,
slow dance.
Patience,
Gapes electric,
red to pink.
Smooth,
Like lemonade.
And fresh,
As the,
Lemon's,
Green leaf.
Those quiet,
feet tap a
tiny earthquake.
Just enough,
to punctuate,
with a Rainbow.

Story Poetry Journal
             I wrote this poem because it reminds me of summer and the movie Madagascar. It is very colorful and upbeat. But at the same time, it is very peaceful and elegant. I was inspired to write this poem when I was watching the movie Madagascar. The scene that inspired me the most was when the zebra was wearing the polka-dot afro wig and was tap dancing. It made me feel really happy and content. It inspired me to give this poem two faces or feelings.
             When people read this poem, I want them to feel ecstatic and hyper. I want them to feel like it's summer when it's truly winter. Make them feel good and like their brain is empty instead of full. This poem is meant to be very smooth. A line to show this is," Smooth, like lemonade, and fresh." This means that life is smooth and not full of worries. I want people to feel refreshed. Like the feeling when you open a can of soda and take the first sip.
             The mood of the poem is upbeat and quiet. It is like a gazelle running in the distance with pop music on. It is a mix of both. A line that shows this is," Those quiet, feet tap a, tiny earthquake. Just enough, to punctuate, with a rainbow." This merges two feelings together. A feeling of satisfaction and tranquility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment