Sunday, May 8, 2016

My Family A memoir poem by Qiu Shan


My Family

Unlike others, I don't like my family.
Now don't get mad about this.
My sisters are crybabies
and my grandparents have high expectations
and always complain about everything.

At a family reunion, I just stay alone
and avoid my grandparents' complains.
But I just can't hide from it
"You're too dumb and won't get a job."
They will always say, then add on,
"You play videogames too much."

After that, I thought that's all
but then, my aunt comes and say
"This is too violent for you."
In my head, I think to myself
something I shouldn't write in a poem.
(Yes, I do swear in my head when I get annoyed.)
But I decided I should shut my mouth,
or else I'll get more complains.

That's my family to you,
and that's not all.
Over time, I tried to deal with it,
but I still get mad sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment