Thursday, May 5, 2016

#5

 things we love most
Can hurt us most
The memories flood
And rush like a rough current
It washes us out,
And we start out fresh
Start out again.
Getting another chance.

These things that we love,
Make us who we are.
From a pencil and paper
To a person we rely on most
But we can always count on them
To be there by our side
Here with us until the end
Until we get to our destination




This poem was inspired by a saying I've heard that "the people we love most can hurt us the most" so I decided to add that into my poem in which I said,"things we love most can hurt us most".
These things are what are important to you and make you who you art and your qualities. But some can wash us out and we must start again, and that's what I meant by the current. Everyone has a different "favorite thing" as I've said in the poem it can be from a pencil and paper to someone you love most, and that you rely on most. But at the end they'd always be there, even after rough times, they will come through for you and be there by your side. This idea came to me for homework when we had to write a poem about what we love and everyone has something different so I chose to make a poem that incorporates different qualities of your favorite thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment