Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Siblings and Cars

Last summer I
we, me and my family
piled in the car
it felt so crowded
that if there would've been
you couldn't have seen a star

After a while,
my brothers voice
started to feel like
a constant punch in the face
but my sister still laughing along
I was caught in the middle,
like everything you've ever put
in a sandwich
not just one piece of cheese
then,
oh look a miracle,
one asleep, then the other

at long last my mom said
words that felt like feathers,
not punches
"we're almost there"
And suddenly I started to recognize where I was
I shook my brother awake
which made my sister wake up
which made the noise start all over again
The elephants were back!
But this time I was happy, I didn't mind
It was more like a circus than the stampede it had been before

No comments:

Post a Comment