Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Angelina's Story Poem #6                                       

MY FAMILY

My family, 
is very fun.
They are generous and kind,
to everyone.

I have no siblings.
I'm an only child.
I have multiple pet fish.
They are very wild.

My home is cozy,
with wonders and wishes.
Organized and clean.
There are even pretty dishes.

I like visiting other members of the family.
They are friendly and they admire me.
Our family is big, like a body of water. 
And in summer we go to the wider sea.

We have special times.
We love chimes.
We like limes,
and make rhymes.

                                       ~Angelina Lambros 

Angelina's Story Journal #6

         I wrote the poem "My family" because I wanted to describe what my family is like. In the poem, I included information about my family and also about my home. I said that my family is generous and fun to everyone." I explained things about me such as how I'm an only child. I also gave details. According to the poem, "I have multiple pet fish. They are very wild," (otocinclus fish). 
         Then I explained what my home is like. I said that it is cozy. I also said it is organized. Based on my poem, "Organized and clean. There are even pretty dishes." In my poem, I also described how I like visiting different members of the family. "They are friendly and they admire me."
         I used the simile, "Our family is big like a body of water" to insinuate that there are many members of my family. I structured my last stanza so that all the last words rhyme. All the lines make sense and have to do with some of the things my family likes. According to "My family," "We have special times. We love chimes. We like limes, and make rhymes." In a poem about my family, I can include some of the things my family and I like.  

2 comments:

  1. Personally I find your poem Adorable, and some of the things you wrote about I can relate. I think your poem was Wonderful

    ReplyDelete