Monday, May 2, 2016

Angelina's Story Poem #4                             (memoir poem)        

 THE TRIP 

In August 2015,
I was starting to feel more like a teen.
My first time out of the state.
It was like an open gate.

When we got in our rented car,
we prepared for our travel far.
And when we reached PA,
all I could say was yay.

We went to an amusement park,
where there were water rides too.
I got a snow cone.
It was all so new.

As the day crept to eve,
to our hotel we went.
It was a cozy place.
So better than a tent.

In the morning,
 we got breakfast across the street.
We met friends.
It was all so neat.

                            ~Angelina Lambros

Angelina's Story Journal #4

            I wrote the poem "The Trip" a memoir poem, because of me and my family's trip to Hershey Park, Pennsylvania. I described how it was in August 2015, and that the park had a water ride section too. I explained how it was my first time being out of the state. It was a new experience. I used details. Such as how I said that we rented a car, and how the trip was far. By saying, "...when we reached PA, all I could say was yay," I'm showing that I was very happy to be there. 
           I explained what I did at the park besides rides. According to stanza 3, "I got a snow cone." I also explained that we got a hotel too. I described what it was like there. Based on stanza 4, "...to our hotel we went. It was a cozy place." I even explained what I did in the morning. 
           When explaining what I did in the morning in stanza 5, I said that we got breakfast down the street at a place. In the last lines of stanza 5, I said one detail, and a summarizing sentence. On that day, I had met friends down by the pool near our hotel. "We met friends." In my summarizing sentence, I said what the whole trip had felt like for me. I said it was neat. "It was all so neat."

 

       


No comments:

Post a Comment